ONLINE - Excel for the Business Professional (Level 1) 12/7/23
CPE 6.25 hours
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Central Time
45-minute lunch break.
Method of Delivery
This class will be held online using GoToMeeting. Class participants will receive a PDF of the book and will be able to access the class files online.
When you register, be sure to use the email that you would like your GoToMeeting invitation sent to. The meeting invitation will be sent no later than 1 hour prior to the class. Check your junk mail if you do not receive an invitation, especially if you have a Gmail or Hotmail account. You do not have to have a GoToMeeting subscription to participate.
The web browser client will download automatically when you start or join your first GoToMeeting meeting and is also available for manual download here.
It is a good idea to download this prior to the online meeting.
This class is designed for the student who wants to learn how to build a spreadsheet from scratch using basic formulas. In this class you will learn how to navigate large spreadsheets and great keystrokes to improve your speed. You will learn how formatting effects the way a cell looks but not its value. We will also look at how to overcome certain print issues. Have you been using a spreadsheet that someone else designed but you don’t know how they created the formulas? In the class, you will learn:
- Understand the Excel screen and modify the Quick Access toolbar, Ribbon and Status Bar
- Enter and Edit Data and Understand Excel modes
- Learn the difference in Clearing Content, Formats, Comments and more
- Effective Shortcuts and Keystrokes
Creating a Spreadsheet
- Create Basic Formulas that add, subtract, multiple or divide
- Learn to Work with Functions such as =SUM() and =AVERAGE()
- Move and Copy Data
- Insert Rows and Columns
- Move and Copy Data – Understand the Clipboards
- Use Fill Series and Flash Fill
- Adjust Column Width and Row Height
- Learn how to Format Cells using various methods
- Work with the Dialog Launcher and Dialog Boxes
- Use Number and Text Alignment
- Learn the various Number Formats
- Learn to Copy or Repeat Formats
- Work with Format Painter
- Learn Tips and Tricks for Printing
- Understand the Page Setup options
- Create and Set Print Areas
Quick Look at Charts, Sorting and Filtering
- A Quick Preview of how to Create a Chart.
- A Quick introduction into basic Sorting and Filtering
- Who Should Attend
- Anyone who wants to learn Excel.
The cancellation deadline is 5 business days prior to the class. If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. If you are a "no show" or you do not send a substitute you will be charged full price for the class.
Cloud Training Services will consider emergency situations such as a death in the family, illness, and weather, and will make every attempt to work with the person in the event of an emergency.
|12-07-2023 9:00 am
|Event End Date
|12-07-2023 4:00 pm
|Cut off date
|12-07-2023 9:00 am