ONLINE - EXCEL EXPANDING YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF FUNCTIONS 1/12/2022
7 hours (1 day)
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Central Time
One-hour break for lunch and a 15-minute morning and afternoon break
Method of Delivery
This class will be held online using GoToMeeting. Class participants will receive a PDF of the book and will be able to access the class files online.
When you register, be sure to use the email that you would like your GoToMeeting invitation sent to. The meeting invitation will be sent no later than 1 hour prior to the class. Check your junk mail if you do not receive an invitation, especially if you have a Gmail or Hotmail account. You do not have to have a GoToMeeting subscription to participate.
The web browser client will download automatically when you start or join your first GoToMeeting meeting and is also available for manual download here.
It is a good idea to download this prior to the online meeting.
This class is designed for intermediate users who would like to focus on learning more Excel Functions. With each version Excel continually improves the software and more functions are added. This class will focus on older functions such as IF and VLOOKUP but will also introduce you to newer Office 365 functions such as IFS and XLOOKUP. Regardless of which Excel version you use, you will be able to expand your knowledge of Excel functions.
In this class you will learn:
FORMULA BASICS AND UNDERSTANDING FUNCTIONS
- Understanding the Structure of Functions
- Work with the Function Library and the Insert Function Dialog Box
- Learn How and When to use Absolute and Mixed References
- Use the Formula Auditing Features
- Understand date serial values
- Use the DATE function to convert a date stored incorrectly
- Use DATEDIF to calculate age or hire dates
- Work with TODAY() AND NOW() for current date and time
- Use NETWORKINGDAYS to calculate whole workdays
- Understand WEEKDAY and how it can be used with conditional formatting
- Work with WORKDAY to calculate number of days from a start date excluding weekend and holidays
- How to write and IF statement and nest IF statements
- NEW IFS statement
- Using IFERROR
- USE the AND and OR FUNCTIONS
LOOKUP AND REFERENCE FUNCTIONS
- Using VLOOKUP
- XLOOKUP functions (OFFICE 365 Users)
- Join Text using CONCATENATE, CONCAT and TEXT JOIN
- Work with FORMULATEXT
- UNDERSTAND INDIRECT and use it with Data Validation
- Use TRIM to remove extra spaces
- USE TEXT to convert numbers
Who Should Attend?
Any users who would like to expand their knowledge of Excel.
This class works with basic to advanced formulas. Any level of student may attend this class. However, it is recommended that students have a basic understanding of Excel and know how to create basic formulas such a add, subtract, multiply, divide and use basic functions such as =Sum().
The cancellation deadline is 5 business days prior to the class. If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. If you are a "no show" or you do not send a substitute you will be charged full price for the class.
Cloud Training Services will consider emergency situations such as a death in the family, illness, and weather, and will make every attempt to work with the person in the event of an emergency.
|Event Date||01-12-2022 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||01-12-2022 4:00 pm|
|Cut off date||01-12-2022 8:00 am|