ONLINE - Word to the Max 8/5-6/2020 (2 day class)
14 hours (2 day)
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
One hour break for lunch and a 15-minute morning and afternoon break.
Method of Delivery
This class will be held online using GoTo Metting. Class participants will receive a PDF of the book and will be able to access the class files online.
When you register, be sure to use the email that you would like your GoTo Metting invitation sent to. The meeting invitation will be sent no later than 1 hour prior to the class. Check your junk mail if you do not receive an invitation, especially if you have a Gmail or Hotmail account. You do not have to have a GoTo Metting subscription to participate.
The web browser client will download automatically when you start or join your first GoTo Metting meeting and is also available for manual download here.
It is a good idea to download this prior to the online meeting.
If you use to create financial statement and annual reports, write training manuals and handbooks or are a heavy user of Word, this class is for you! This two-day class is a “Word Buffet” of topics you will need to know. We will start out with shortcuts and navigation techniques. Then we will cover styles, sections breaks, opposite page headers and footers, tables, merging and all the topics you will help you become more efficient in Word.
SHORTCUTS AND NAVIGATION TECHNIQUES
- Customize the Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar to Improve Speed
- Show items on the Status Bar that can be Very Helpful
- Using Show/Hide to see Non-Printing Characters and to Help with Issues in Your Document
- Learn to Quickly Select Sentences, Paragraphs and More
- Learn to Move Quickly Using Keystrokes and Navigation Shortcuts
- Using AutoCorrect to Input Commonly Used Text
- Using Quick Parts in Word and Outlook to Insert Common Phrases or Other Text
- Ways to View the Document and Zoom Controls
- Working with AutoText, AutoCorrect and Quick Parts
- Understand Font and Paragraph Formatting and Spacing Before and After Paragraphs
- Learn to Repeat Formatting with Keystrokes or Format Painter
- Work with Borders and Paragraph Formats
- Work with Margins, Gutters and other Page Layout Settings
- Understand Non-Breaking Hyphens and Spaces
- Insert Special Characters
- Working with PDF documents
PICTURES AND IMAGES
- Inserting Pictures and Images
- Using Layout Options
- Working with Alignment Guides
- Inserting Screenshots
- Cropping and modifying the picture
TABS AND TABLES
- Understanding the Ruler and Tabs
- Setting and Modifying Tabs
- Working with Different Types of Tabs
- Creating and Understanding Indents
- Ways to Creates Tables
- Selecting and Modifying Tables
- Formatting Tables
- Working with Breaks in Tables
- Working with Excel Tables
- Showing the Developer Tab
- Working with Form Controls
- Basic Form Design
SECTIONS AND DOCUMENT LAYOUT
- Working with Page Breaks and Section Breaks
- Insert Section Breaks
- Working with Basic Headers and Footers
- Working with Different Headers between Sections
- Working with Opposite Page Header/Footers
- Work with Page Numbering
- Understand the Importance of Using Styles
- Learn to Navigate and Modify Using Styles
- Create Tables of Contents Using Styles
- Show the Style Area
- Show the Next Level Style Automatically
- Reveal Formatting
REFERENCES AND TABLES OF CONTENT
- Create a Table of Contents
- Working with Captions
- Working with Cross References
- Understanding a Mail Merge
- Using the Mail Merge Ribbon and Wizard
- Turning on and off Track Changes
- Working with Mark up
- Accepting and Rejecting Changes
- Locking Track Changes
- Using Document Inspector
OTHER MISCELLANEOUS TOPCS
- Inserting Page Breaks, Dates and Bookmarks
- Working with Accessible Documents
Who Should Attend
Anyone who wants to improve their computer skills and learn how to effectively use Microsoft Word.
For class fees paid directly to Cloud Training Services a person must cancel by the class deadline to receive a full refund. The cancellation deadline varies based upon location but it usually 5 to 10 days prior to the class. The cancellation deadline is stated at the top of this page.
If you are unable to attend and do not cancel prior to the class, you may send a substitute. Cloud Training Services will consider emergency situations such as a death in the family, illness and weather, and will make every attempt to work with the person in the event of an emergency.
Cloud Training Services partners with other training vendors such as Odessa College and New Mexico Junior College and has no control over payment and registration process. When the registration fees are paid to another agency or vendor, the cancellation and refund policy will be those of that agency or vendor.
|Event Date||08-05-2020 8:30 am|
|Event End Date||08-06-2020 4:30 pm|
|Cut off date||08-05-2020|