Lubbock - Word: Beyond the Basics 5/13/2020
7 hours (1 day)
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
One-hour break for lunch and a 15-minute morning and afternoon break.
Melonie Park Meeting Space
3502 74th Street
Lubbock, TX 79423
Most people think they don’t need a Microsoft Word class. They know how to create, edit and print a document. However, this is not a basic Word class. This class is designed to help students increase their knowledge and speed and learn shortcuts and tips that will help them not only in Word but also in other Microsoft products. Using Quick Parts can help you in Outlook. Learning how and why to use styles will help you in Excel. In the class you will learn:
SHORTCUTS AND NAVIGATION TECHNIQUES
- Customize the Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar to Improve Speed
- Show items on the Status Bar that can be Very Helpful
- Using Show/Hide to see Non-Printing Characters and to Help with Issues in Your Document
- Learn to Quickly Select Sentences, Paragraphs and More
- Learn to Move Quickly Using Keystrokes and Navigation Shortcuts
- Using AutoCorrect to Input Commonly Used Text
- Using Quick Parts in Word and Outlook to Insert Common Phrases or Other Text
- Understand Font and Paragraph Formatting and Spacing Before and After Paragraphs
- Learn to Repeat Formatting with Keystrokes or Format Painter
- Work with Borders and Paragraph Formats
- Work with Margins, Gutters and other Page Layout Settings
- Understand Non-Breaking Hyphens and Spaces
- Insert Special Characters
- Understand the Importance of Using Styles
- Learn to Navigate and Modify Using Styles
- Create Tables of Contents Using Styles
- Show the Style Area
- Show the Next Level Style Automatically
- Reveal Formatting
SECTIONS AND DOCUMENT LAYOUT
- Working with Page Breaks and Section Breaks
- Insert Section Breaks
- Working with Basic Headers and Footers
- Working with Different Headers between Sections
- Working with Opposite Page Header/Footers
- Work with Page Numbering
Who Should Attend
Anyone who wants to improve their computer skills and learn how to effectively use Microsoft Word.
For class fees paid directly to Cloud Training Services a person must cancel by the class deadline to receive a full refund. The cancellation deadline varies based upon location but it usually 5 to 10 days prior to the class. The cancellation deadline is stated at the top of this page.
If you are unable to attend and do not cancel prior to the class, you may send a substitute. Cloud Training Services will consider emergency situations such as a death in the family, illness and weather, and will make every attempt to work with the person in the event of an emergency.
Cloud Training Services partners with other training vendors such as Odessa College and New Mexico Junior College and has no control over payment and registration process. When the registration fees are paid to another agency or vendor, the cancellation and refund policy will be those of that agency or vendor.
|Event Date||05-13-2020 8:30 am|
|Event End Date||05-13-2020 4:30 pm|
|Cut off date||05-13-2020|