ONLINE - Excel Dashboards using Charts and PivotTables 6/10/2020
7 hours (1 day)
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
One-hour break for lunch and a 15-minute morning and afternoon break
Method of Delivery
This class will be held online using Zoom. Class participants will receive a PDF of the book and will be able to access the class files online.
When you register, be sure to use the email that you would like your Zoom meeting invitation sent to. The meeting invitation will be sent no later than 1 hour prior to the class. Check your junk mail if you do not receive an invitation, especially if you have a Gmail or Hotmail account. You do not have to have a Zoom subscription to participate.
The web browser client will download automatically when you start or join your first Zoom meeting and is also available for manual download here.
It is a good idea to download this prior to the online meeting.
The goal of this class is to learn how to use charts, PivotTables and other Excel features to create management reports called Dashboards. The class will begin with learning how to create and modify charts. Once you have modified the charts we will create chart templates to make creating future charts faster. We will also look at the new Sparkline feature in Excel.
Next, you will learn PivotTables and Pivot Charts. We will learn how to use Timelines and Slicers to change the views in PivotTables. We will also look at how using the Table feature can help make PivotTables and charts more dynamic. Next, we will look at special types of conditional formats like icons sets and data bars. Then we will combine the information to build a Dashboard.
Detailed Course Outline
- Create Excel Charts
- Understanding the different types of Charts
- Using the Chart Ribbon
- Use the new Recommended Charts
- Changing the Chart Type and Moving the Chart
- Modifying charts
- Work with Chart Elements
- Create and use Chart Templates
- Look at the Excel's new Sparkline feature
Understanding Tables and PivotTables
- Learn how to design your spreadsheet to make it easier to create tables and PivotTables
- Create tables and understand their benefits
- Learn various ways to Filter data
- Understand the difference between Filtering data and using Tables
- Create and Modify PivotTables
- Create and Modify Pivot Charts
- Work with Slicers
- Understand how Slicers can help with Dashboards
- Work with PivotTable Timelines
- Work with Recommended PivotTables
- Understand how to apply and modify Conditional Formatting
- Understand how to use new features like Data Bars and Icon Sets
Combine Your Knowledge and Create a Dashboard
- Use your knowledge of PivotTables, Charts. Slicers, Timelines and Conditional Formatting to create a simple dashboard.
- Learn Basic Drawing options and Excel Options to help with dashboards.
Who Should Attend?
Intermediate to Advanced Excel users that would like to expand their knowledge of Excel
Students must have an Intermediate to Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel.
For class fees paid directly to Cloud Training Services a person must cancel by the class deadline to receive a full refund. The cancellation deadline varies based upon location but it usually 5 to 10 days prior to the class. The cancellation deadline is stated at the top of this page.
If you are unable to attend and do not cancel prior to the class, you may send a substitute. Cloud Training Services will consider emergency situations such as a death in the family, illness and weather, and will make every attempt to work with the person in the event of an emergency.
Cloud Training Services partners with other training vendors such as Odessa College and New Mexico Junior College and has no control over payment and registration process. When the registration fees are paid to another agency or vendor, the cancellation and refund policy will be those of that agency or vendor.
|Event Date||06-10-2020 8:30 am|
|Event End Date||06-10-2020 4:30 am|
|Cut off date||06-10-2020|