Brownwood - Excel for the Business Professional 3/19/2020 (Level 2)
NON-MEMBER PRICE: $169.00
CHAMBER Member Price - $149.00 (Use the coupon code save20)
6.5 hours (1 day)
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
One-hour break for lunch and a 15-minute morning and afternoon break.
Brownwood Chamber of Commerce – Board Room
600 E Depot St
Brownwood, TX 76801
This class is designed for the intermediate Excel user. The focus of this class is more intermediate Excel formulas. We will learn decision-making formulas such as IF statements and VLOOKUPS. We will also look at text functions like CONCATENATE, LEFT and RIGHT. This class will introduce new Microsoft Office features like Flash Fill. The afternoon will focus on Excel’s database (list) features like sorting, filtering, Table and PivotTables. We have been teaching computer classes for over 30 years and this class focuses on everyday skills that most Excel users need.
FORMULA BASICS, ABSOLUTE REFERENCES AND NAMED RANGES
- Work with Relative and Absolute references
- Use Formula Auditing Tools
- Create and use Named Ranges
- Work with Shortcuts and Common Keystrokes
- Understand the Parts of a Function
- Use Auto-Calculate
- Create Subtotals and Grand Totals
- Learn the IF and VLOOKUP Function
- Work with text functions like CONCATENATE, LEFT, RIGHT, LEN
- Look at the new Flash Fill feature
- Use Paste Special
- Protect your formulas and files
EXCEL’S DATABASE FEATURES
- Setup your spreadsheet
- Learn to Sort alphabetically, numerically, chronologically, colors, by icons and by a custom list
- Use Data Subtotals
- Learn various ways to Filter data
- Create Tables
- Create and Modify PivotTables
- Work with PivotTable Slicers and Timelines
- Work with Recommended PivotTables
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone who wants to learn Excel.
Excel Level 1 or equivalent knowledge.
Class must be canceled 5 days before start date
|Event Date||03-19-2020 8:30 am|
|Event End Date||03-19-2020 4:30 am|
|Cut off date||03-19-2020|
|Location||Brownwood Chamber of Commerce – Board Room|