ONLINE - Master Excel 365 New Functions & Features 8/10/2023
CPE 6.25 hours
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Central Time
45-minute lunch break.
Method of Delivery
This class will be held online using GoToMeeting. Class participants will receive a PDF of the book and will be able to access the class files online.
When you register, be sure to use the email that you would like your GoToMeeting invitation sent to. The meeting invitation will be sent no later than 1 hour prior to the class. Check your junk mail if you do not receive an invitation, especially if you have a Gmail or Hotmail account. You do not have to have a GoToMeeting subscription to participate.
The web browser client will download automatically when you start or join your first GoToMeeting meeting and is also available for manual download here.
It is a good idea to download this prior to the online meeting.
Maybe you are new to Office 365 or have been using it a while and are ready to learn some of the new features and functions in the software. If so, this class is for you. Unleash the power of Office 365 and discover new features and functions that will help you in your everyday work. This class is designed for the intermediate to advanced Excel user that wants to expand their knowledge of newer Excel Functions and new features. You must have Office 365 to be able to follow along with the examples in this class.
Try some of the new features in Office 365 that will help you increase your productivity and efficiency:
- Unhide Multiple Worksheets at one time.
- Review the Workbook Statistics.
- Use the Navigation Pane.
- Insert Data using a picture.
NEW LOOKUP AND REFERENCE FUNCTIONS
Auditor, accountants, and other Excel users often need to search, sort and filter data sets. They also need to remove or retrieve data from large data sets. Learning Lookup and Reference functions is the key to working with arrays of data.
- What is an Array?
- Understand how the many new 365 Functions will “spill” and how to work with a range of data that is a spill.
- How to use a Hashtag (#) to reference a spill.
- SORT - Sorts the contents of a range or array.
- SORTBY - Sorts the contents of a range or array based on the values in a corresponding range or array.
- FILTER - Filters a range of data based on criteria you define.
- UNIQUE - Returns a list of unique values in a list or range.
- DROP - Excludes a specified number of rows or columns from the start or end of an array.
- TAKE - Returns a specified number of contiguous rows or columns from the start or end of an array.
- TOCOL - Returns the array in a single column.
- TOROW - Returns the array in a single row.
- XLOOKUP - Searches a range or an array and returns an item corresponding to the first match it finds. If a match doesn't exist, then XLOOKUP can return the closest (approximate) match.
- TRANSPOSE - Returns the transpose of an array.
NEW MATH, TRIG AND LOGICAL FUNCTIONS
The Excel Math & Trig functions perform many of the common mathematical calculations. The new LET function can be used to define a name or variable and use it in a formula. These functions many have some real value to Auditors and Accountants.
- SEQUENCE – How to use the Sequence Function instead of filling a series.
- RANDARRAY vs RAND or RANDBEWTWEEN
- LET - Assigns names to calculation results.
- TEXTAFTER - Returns text that occurs after a given character or string.
- TEXTBEFORE - Returns text that occurs before a given character or strings.
- TEXTJOIN - Combines the text from multiple ranges and/or strings.
- TEXTSPLIT- Splits text strings by using column and row delimiters.
Excel for the Business professional or equivalent knowledge.
The cancellation deadline is 5 business days prior to the class. If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. If you are a "no show" or you do not send a substitute you will be charged full price for the class.
Cloud Training Services will consider emergency situations such as a death in the family, illness, and weather, and will make every attempt to work with the person in the event of an emergency.
|Event Date||08-10-2023 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||08-10-2023 4:00 pm|
|Cut off date||08-10-2023 8:00 am|