ONLINE- EXCEL FUNCTIONS – NEW 365 AND GREAT OLDIES 2/17/2021
7 hours (1 day)
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Central Time
One-hour break for lunch and a 15-minute morning and afternoon break
Method of Delivery
This class will be held online using GoTo Metting. Class participants will receive a PDF of the book and will be able to access the class files online.
When you register, be sure to use the email that you would like your GoToMeeting invitation sent to. The meeting invitation will be sent no later than 1 hour prior to the class. Check your junk mail if you do not receive an invitation, especially if you have a Gmail or Hotmail account. You do not have to have a GoToMeeting subscription to participate.
The web browser client will download automatically when you start or join your first GoToMeeting meeting and is also available for manual download here.
It is a good idea to download this prior to the online meeting.
This class is designed for users who would like to focus on learning Excel formulas. We will begin by reviewing formula basics and the day will evolve through the most commonly used Excel formulas. In this class you will learn:
FORMULA BASICS AND UNDERSTANDING FUNCTIONS
- Quickly Review Simple Formulas
- Understanding the Structure of Functions
- Looking at the Common Basics Functions such as SUM, AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, MIN,
- Work with COUNTIF AND SUMIF
ABSOLUTE ADDRESSES AND RANGE NAMES
- How and When to use Absolute and Mixed References
- How to use the Formula Auditing Features
- Learn how to Create` Range Names and their advantages
INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED FUNCTIONS
- How to write and IF statement and nest IF statements
- NEW IFS statement
- Using VLOOKUP
- XLOOKUP functions (OFFICE 365 Users)
- Using IFERROR
- Using Date Functions such as TODAY, NOW, DATEDIF, WEEKDAY and WORKDAY
- Working with text functions such as CONCATENATE, LEFT and RIGHT, LEN, UPPER, LOWER and PROPER
- Work with Text-to-Columns and Flash Fill
- NEW CONCAT and TEXTJOIN (Office 365)
- New Functions like REPT or TEXT
- Learn how to user TRIM to remove spaces
- Work with Paste Special
Who Should Attend?
Any users who would like to expand their knowledge of Excel.
This class works with basic to advanced formulas. Any level of student may attend this class. However, it is recommended that students have a basic understanding of Excel and know how to create basic formulas such a add, subtract, multiply, divide and use basic functions such as =Sum().
For class fees paid directly to Cloud Training Services a person must cancel by the class deadline to receive a full refund. The cancellation deadline varies based upon location but it usually 5 to 10 days prior to the class. The cancellation deadline is stated at the top of this page.
If you are unable to attend and do not cancel prior to the class, you may send a substitute. Cloud Training Services will consider emergency situations such as a death in the family, illness and weather, and will make every attempt to work with the person in the event of an emergency.
|Event Date||02-17-2021 8:30 am|
|Event End Date||02-17-2021 4:30 pm|
|Cut off date||02-17-2021 8:00 am|