ONLINE- Excel to the Max 10/28-29/2020 (2 Day Class)
14 hours (2 days)
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
One-hour break for lunch and a 15-minute morning and afternoon break.
Method of Delivery
This class will be held online using GoTo Metting. Class participants will receive a PDF of the book and will be able to access the class files online.
When you register, be sure to use the email that you would like your GoTo Metting invitation sent to. The meeting invitation will be sent no later than 1 hour prior to the class. Check your junk mail if you do not receive an invitation, especially if you have a Gmail or Hotmail account. You do not have to have a GoTo Metting subscription to participate.
The web browser client will download automatically when you start or join your first GoTo Metting meeting and is also available for manual download here.
It is a good idea to download this prior to the online meeting.
This class is designed for the intermediate to advanced Excel user who wants to expand their knowledge of Excel. The focus of this class are topics such as Formulas, PivotTables, Charts, working with Multiple sheets and files and much more. Also we focus on learning shortcuts, keystrokes and the most efficient way to accomplish a task. In the class, you will learn:
FORMULA BASICS, ABSOLUTE REFERENCES AND NAMED RANGES
- Review Basic Formulas
- Work with Relative and Absolute References
- Use Formula Auditing Tools
- Create and use Named Ranges
- Understand Guidelines and Scope of Named Ranges
- Work with Shortcuts and Common Keystrokes
- Understand the Parts of a Function
- Use Auto-Calculate
- Create Subtotals and Grand Totals
- Work with Order of Calculation
- Learn the IF and VLOOKUP Function
- Work with text functions like CONCATENATE, LEFT, RIGHT, LEN
- More text Functions such as UPPER, LOWER AND PROPER
- Use the Text-to-Columns feature
- Look at the new Flash Fill feature
- Use Paste Special
- Protect your formulas and files
- Work with Date Functions like TODAY and NOW
- Perform Date Calculations
WORKING WITH MULTIPLE SHEETS AND LINKS
- Learn Excel’s sheet options
- Learn to quickly navigate sheets
- Learn to Copy and Insert sheets
- Rename and Color sheet tabs
- Group sheets and work with all sheets simultaneously
- Ungroup sheets
- Move and Copy sheets within the workbook and to new workbooks
- Create three-dimensional formulas
- View multiple sheets at the same time
- Link workbooks and manage the links
- Use Comments
- Freeze Rows and Columns
- Learn to Split Views
- Create a Chart
- Change the Chart Layout and Style
- Use the new Recommended Charts and Chart Types
- Change the Chart Type
- Modifying Charts and Work with Chart Elements
- Expand the Chart Data
- Create and use Chart Templates
- Look at the new Sparkline feature
EXCEL’S DATABASE FEATURES
- Setup your spreadsheet correctly for Data features
- Learn to Sort alphabetically, numerically, chronologically, colors, by icons and by custom list
- Use Data Subtotals
- Learn various ways to Filter data
- Create Tables and Understand their benefits
- Create and Modify PivotTables
- Work with PivotTable Slicers and Timelines
- Work with Recommended PivotTables
QUICK LOOK AT OTHER EXCEL FEATURES
- Modify the Quick Access Toolbar
- Customize the Status bar
- Learn the benefit of using Styles
- Work with Conditional Formatting
- Modify the Ribbon and use Text to Speech
- Work with Custom Views
- Who Should Attend
- Intermediate or Advanced Excel users who would like to expand their knowledge of Excel
Students must have a beginner level knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
For class fees paid directly to Cloud Training Services a person must cancel by the class deadline to receive a full refund. The cancellation deadline varies based upon location but it usually 5 to 10 days prior to the class. The cancellation deadline is stated at the top of this page.
If you are unable to attend and do not cancel prior to the class, you may send a substitute. Cloud Training Services will consider emergency situations such as a death in the family, illness and weather, and will make every attempt to work with the person in the event of an emergency.
Cloud Training Services partners with other training vendors such as Odessa College and New Mexico Junior College and has no control over payment and registration process. When the registration fees are paid to another agency or vendor, the cancellation and refund policy will be those of that agency or vendor.
|Event Date||10-28-2020 8:30 am|
|Event End Date||10-29-2020 4:30 pm|
|Cut off date||10-28-2020 8:00 am|