ONLINE - Date and Time Calculations – Excel Short Course 12/2/2020
9:00 A.M. –Noon. Central Time
Start Time: 9:00 AM
Break: 10:30 – 10:45 AM
Class Ends: Noon
Method of Delivery
This class will be held online using GoTo Metting. Class participants will receive a PDF of the book. Instruction will be using Outlook for Office 365. However, if you have Office 2016 or Office 2013, you will be able to follow along with minor exceptions.
When you register, be sure to use the email that you would like your GoTo Metting invitation sent to. The meeting invitation and materials are usually sent after the cancellation deadline which is 5 days prior to the class start date. Check your junk mail if you do not receive an invitation, especially if you have a Gmail or Hotmail account. You do not have to have a GoTo Meeting subscription to participate.
The web browser client will download automatically when you start or join your first GoTo Metting meeting and is also available for manual download here.
It is a good idea to download this prior to the online meeting.
Microsoft Excel stores dates as sequential numbers which are called serial values. Excel uses decimal numbers for time calculations. Often these date and time calculation can be confusing and difficult. This class will take the mystery out of date and time calculations. Most of the class time will focus on date calculations. Time calculation will only be looked at briefly. In the class, you will:
- Understand How Dates and Times are stored in Excel
- Use the TODAY and NOW functions
- Work with the YEAR, MONTH and DAY Functions
- Learn how to Calculate the Number of dates between two dates using the DAYS function and using basic subtraction.
- Use NETWORKINGDAYS to calculate the dates between two date excluding holidays and weekends.
- Use the DATEVALUE function to convert a text date to a serial value date.
- Use the EOMONTH function to calculate the last day of the month in the future or past of another date.
- Use EDATE to add a specified number of months to a date.
- Use WORKDAY function to figures out a date that represents the "nearest" working day in the past or future.
- Use the WEEKDAY function for a variety of calculations where the calculation is based on the day of the week.
- Using the HOURS and MINUTE Functions
- A brief look at time calculations.
Who Should Attend?
Intermediate Excel users interested in obtaining the knowledge and skills necessary to work with dates and times in Excel
Prerequisites: The prerequisites for this course are an introductory Excel course, or equivalent working knowledge of the software. Intermediate knowledge of Excel is helpful.
For class fees paid directly to Cloud Training Services a person must cancel by the class deadline to receive a full refund. The cancellation deadline varies based upon location but it usually 5 to 10 days prior to the class. The cancellation deadline is stated at the top of this page.
If you are unable to attend and do not cancel prior to the class, you may send a substitute. Cloud Training Services will consider emergency situations such as a death in the family, illness and weather, and will make every attempt to work with the person in the event of an emergency.
Cloud Training Services partners with other training vendors such as Odessa College and New Mexico Junior College and has no control over payment and registration process. When the registration fees are paid to another agency or vendor, the cancellation and refund policy will be those of that agency or vendor.
|Event Date||12-02-2020 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||12-02-2020 12:00 pm|
|Cut off date||12-02-2020 8:00 am|