ONLINE - Using an Excel Gantt Chart to Manage Projects 11/4/2020
9:00 A.M. –3 :00 P.M. Central Time
Start Time: 9:00 AM
Break: 10:30 – 10:45 AM
Lunch: 12:00 to 12:45 (45 minutes)
Break: 2:00 PM – 2:15 PM
Class Ends: 3:00 PM
Method of Delivery
This class will be held online using GoTo Metting. Class participants will receive a PDF of the book. Instruction will be using Outlook for Office 365. However, if you have Office 2016 or Office 2013, you will be able to follow along with minor exceptions.
When you register, be sure to use the email that you would like your GoTo Metting invitation sent to. The meeting invitation will be sent no later than 1 hour prior to the class. Check your junk mail if you do not receive an invitation, especially if you have a Gmail or Hotmail account. You do not have to have a GoTo Metting subscription to participate.
The web browser client will download automatically when you start or join your first GoTo Metting meeting and is also available for manual download here.
It is a good idea to download this prior to the online meeting.
Project Management software can be expensive and time-consuming to learn. This class will use the Microsoft Agile Gantt chart template to manage basic projects. In the first half of the class, students will learn the Excel functions and features necessary to understand the template. Then we will exam the Gantt chart template and understand how it works and how it can be modified. Finally, we will work with conditional formatting and see how the template uses conditional formatting. You will have access to a Gantt chart template you can begin using immediately to manage simple projects.
FORMULAS USED IN THE GANTT CHART
- Overview of Project Terms
- Recall Simple Formulas and Comparison Operators
- Discuss Common Functions like MIN used in the template
- Examine the IF Function
- Describe how Dates are stored and calculated in Excel
- Work with the TODAY, NOW, MONTH, DAY, YEAR and NETWORKING DAYS Functions.
ABSOLUTE ADDRESSES AND RANGE NAMES
- Differentiate Relative Addresses vs Absolute Addresses
- Work with an Absolute Address
- Create a Named Range
- Discuss Guidelines for Named Ranges
LOCATE, REVIEW AND USE THE GANTT CHART TEMPLATE
- Review and Explain the Formulas in the Template
- Work with Range Names in the Template
- Examine Excel Tables and How they are Used in the Template
- Show the Excel Developer tab and look at Controls in the Template
- Work with Data Validation and the Drop-down Boxes in the Template
- Examine the Data Bars Conditional Formatting
- Review the Conditional Formatting Used in the Template
BONUS APPENDIX INFORMATION
- Protecting the file
- Keystroke Navigations
Who Should Attend?
Intermediate Excel users interested in obtaining the knowledge and skills necessary to use and modify the Microsoft Gantt Template
The prerequisites for this course are an introductory Excel course, or equivalent working knowledge of the software. Intermediate knowledge of Excel is helpful.
|Event Date||11-04-2020 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||11-04-2020 3:00 pm|
|Cut off date||11-04-2020 8:00 am|